Note: As of August 10th, 2016 the Raspberry Pi A+ has 512 MB of RAM instead of 256MB.
Cytron carries this lower cost yet powerful Raspberry Pi board. The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is the perfect board for the minimalist Pi fan. This low-cost Pi uses the same processor as the Rpi 1 model B+, but does away with the Ethernet jack and three of the USB Ports. This makes it lower power, less expensive and much lighter & smaller! It's still compatible with all Pi operating systems and software, and has the exact same 40 pin GPIO connector and camera/display sockets, so any HATs or Pi Plates or other things that plug into the model B+ will work just the same.
It also has the same HDMI, sound/composite connector and microUSB connector for power.
Unlike the Raspberry Model B+, there's only one USB port and no Ethernet jack but it's also significantly smaller at 65mm x 56mm if you don't include overhang from the connectors.
Don't forget, you'll need a USB power supply with microUSB cable, and a microSD card with a Raspberry Pi OS on it (we suggest a 16G card preloaded NooBS)
Features and Spec:
- Dimensions: 65mm x 56mm / 2.5" x 2.25"
- Processor: ARM 700Mhz CPU
- USB: One USB 2.0 Port - Keeping it compact means minifying the footprint as much as possible
- Video Output: HDMI and Composite
- Sound: L/R Stereo (via 3.5mm 4 Pole Cable)
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Operating System: Uses microSD card slot to load O/S
- Digital interfaces: 2 onboard ribbon slots for Camera and Display
- GPIO: 40 GPIO pins, backwards compatible to B board
- No Ethernet jack
Please note some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!