Ever imagine how the traffic light works? Well, now you can do your own program for traffic light control with this Traffic Light LED module. Compatible with any microcontroller, yes any microcontroller that can output digital high or low like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, micro:bit too. It is common cathode LED so you just need four wires to the controller and logic high will trigger/activate the respective LED.
Traffic Light is one of popular electronic project among final year projects and RBT (Reka Bentuk Teknologi). Modeling or simulating an actual traffic light sytem just get easier.
It is being arranged to be same as normal traffic light where the Red is at top, Yellow at middle and Green at bottom. Additionally, this board uses 5mm (diameter) size LED, offering clear view of the light even in compact size. Not to forget all three LEDs are diffused type so widening the viewing angle too.
- Traffic Light LED module
- Three color LED, Red, Yellow and Green
- Ready with 4-way header pin, label:
- G -> Green LED
- Y ->Yellow LED
- R -> Red LED
- G -> Common Ground(Common Cathode)
- Compatible with 3.3V or 5V controller:
- 5mm diffused type LED
- Logic high to activate LED
- Compatible with PWM signal to control brightness
- 1 x Traffic Light LED module
- Simple LED Control with Raspberry Pi, by Anderson Silva
- Physical Computing - Scratch 2.0 for Raspberry Pi, by mjrovai, tutorial on code for traffic light with Raspberry Pi
- Arduino Street Traffic Light - Breadboard Edition, by allhandsactive, although this tutorial uses individual LED and resistor, but it can be replaced with this module