Single-cell lithium base battery charger & protection module. The charging will be via a micro B connector. Lithium base battery includes Li-po and Li-ion battery as the charging and discharging characteristic is similar.
The USB micro B connector power input offers direct charging using widely available nowadays with power bank and also Android phone charger. With a maximum charging current of 1A, your battery can be charged faster and of course, do make sure the 5V input has sufficient power to provide more than 1A.
It comes with a TP4056 charging IC.
Here is an example of DIY 18650 Charger using a TP4056 Lithium Cell Charger Module by Tinker Man Mick:
Using the module:
- Connect micro USB cable for power, or 5V DC to pads marked IN+ and IN- on left-hand side of the module
- Connect cell to charge to B+/B- pads on right-hand side of module
- A load (something for the battery to power) can be connected to the OUT+/OUT- pads on the right-hand side
- Important! Disconnect load when charging
- The red LED indicates chaging in progress, green LED indicates charging has finished.
- Never charge your battery at a rate greater than 1C.
- Single Cell Lithium-based battery charger.
- USB Micro B connector for power input
- 5V input pads for DIY/custom input.
- Input Voltage: 5VDC
- Charging voltage limit: 4.2VDC
- Minimum discharge voltage: 2.5VDC
- Maximum discharge current: 3A
1 x 1A LIPO Charger Module with Protection
DIY: Lithium 18650 Cells Charger by Using TP4056 Modules, in Instructables with video, by Well Done Tips