Thinking of making a smart gardening system at home? You need to control the water flow with microcontroller or computer, but didn't know how? Well, we have the soluton, the 12V solenoid controlled fluid valve. Simply connect a fluid source to the 3/4" threaded inlet and it will interrupt the flow until 12V is applied to the fast-on connectors on the solenoid.
Note: This is not a gravity-feed solenoid. This means that you will need enough water pressure to fully open the valve. Check the datasheet below for exact details. It operates at a minimum of around 3 PSI, allowing around 3 L/min of flow. Although the datasheet shows the valve working at 220 VAC, it's actually 12 VDC. A garden hose or other pressurized system should work just fine.
We notice that the datasheet solenoid specifications don’t match this part, anyway it is given by the supplier.
Here are the real measurements:
- The coil DC resistance is approximately 39 ohms.
- The operating current is about 300 mA at 12VDC, and it will take it continuously without overheating.
- The connector TPI on both sides of the device are the same, at about 13.5 (GHT is 11.5 TPI).
- The pipe connectors are not GHT (garden hose thread); they are standard ¾" PVC type pipe thread that you can find at home supply and plumbing stores.
- This is a pilot assisted diaphragm valve, which means that it has a distinct input and output (it’s not a bidirectional valve). There’s a screen filter on the input side. The tabs that jut out are for mounting the solenoid; they are on the input side and have metric threaded metal nuts embedded in them.
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days