Note: Due to the distribution region, this product can ONLY be shipped to ASEAN countries (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Brunei).
- This is Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless). If you are looking for other Raspberry Pi Zero boards, here is Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 (Without Wireless) and Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Headers soldered).
- Due to popularity, Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero W is limited to 1 piece per person. Yes, one piece per person! If you want more, please consider Raspberry Pi Zero WH which does not have this constraint.
- We recommend getting the Starter Kit with all the essential parts to get started. You save more if you get the kit.
Yes, it is finally here. Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless) is available on the Cytron marketplace. This is a super low-cost single board computer. It is cheaper than any Arduino controller board with a 32-bit processor. Even better, this W version board comes with WiFi and Bluetooth ready. It is not a working computer yet, but at least you have the motherboard :)
The new Raspberry Pi Zero W offers all the benefits of the Pi Zero v1.3, but with one big difference – built-in Wireless (WiFi and Bluetooth)! More specifically, this giant upgrade is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi Zero – just like the Pi 3! No more pesky WiFi adapters - this Pi is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution.
Raspberry Pi Zero W is a super-compact, hackable, and ultra-low-cost computer. This is the version with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth.
With BCM 2835 (32-bit ARM-based processor) SoC running at 1GHz, the raspberry pi zero is faster than Raspberry Pi 1. With mini-HDMI, micro-B OTG USB, and the same 40-pin GPIO it still has great connectivity although you'll probably need some accessories to help you hook it up to your existing devices.
The best part about all this is that the Pi Zero W keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi Zero v1.3. 99% of cases and accessories will still be fully compatible with both the Pi Zero W and v1.3 - though if you have a case with a metal top there might be some WiFi chip difficulties.
Yes, it is really attractive, but do bear in mind that you need additional accessories to get it running :) At least USB adapter and microSD card is a must. So we recommend the starter kit with:
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 1 x Official Raspberry Pi Zero Case to protect the Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 1 x 16GB microSD card with SD card adapter, pre-loaded with NOOBS (New Out of Box Software)
- 1 x Official RPi PSU 5.1V 2.5A Single Head UK Black to power it
- 1 x Official RPi mini HDMI adapter
- 1 x Official RPi micro USB Adapter (USB MicroB to USB Type-A receptor)
- 1 x 2x20 Header pin (For GPIO)
Raspberry Pi Zero W Features and Specs:
- Processor: BCM 2835 SOC
- Clock speed: 1GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Built-in Wireless: BCM43143, WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1 + BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as Raspberry Pi 3.
- Memory: micro-SD
- Display and Audio: mini-HDMI
- USB Port: 1 x Micro-B USB for data (with power too)
- Power input: 1 x Micro-B USB for power (no data)
- Camera interface: CSI camera connector (needs adaptor cable, 0.5mm pitch to pitch CSI)
- GPIO: Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Raspberry Pi 3.
- Compatibility of GPIO: Compatible with existing HAT addons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
OK, for those that bought Raspberry Pi Zero W and misses the accessories to get it running, here are our recommended stuff:
- A good quality 5V power supply - we suggest 5V 2.5A with cable - this will allow you to power the Zero W from a wall adapter. It is not suggested to power the Zero from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- 16GB MicroSD Card with Operating System - This 16GB is preloaded with NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) and it comes all the way from UK, Raspberry Pi Foundation. Of course, you can also get microSD card from the computer store, load with preffered operating system and boot it up. Make sure you have the latest version!
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter, or Mini HDMI to standard HDMI cable - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero W to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- USB Console cable (UC00A or UC00C) - If you want to go headless (without monitor and other accessories) which you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi.
- 2x20 Male header strip - Solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi. But you are not good in soldering or does not have soldering tools, please consider getting Raspberry Pi Zero WH which comes pre-soldered with 40-pin headers.
Note: Warranty is void if 40-pin GPIO is soldered, please consider getting the WH version where the 40-pin GPIO is presoldered from factory.
And if you want a better computing experience with this tiny computer, we recommend getting:
- Acrylic case for Raspberry Pi Zero/W- Cytron Raspberry Pi Zero and W Acrylic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero W safe and sleek. Or you can get the official Raspberry Pi Casing.
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero W
- Pi T-Cobbler - When paired with the male 2x20 pin header, you can use your Pi Zero W with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!
Note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero W board
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days