The X708 is an advanced uninterruptible power supply (UPS) expansion board for all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header. It provides 5.1V Max. 8000mA (Yes, 8A!) Power Backup for even the most demanding Raspberry Pi setups, intelligent and safe power management, safe shutdown, AC power loss/ power adapter failure detection, auto power-on, full power off from software, and a cooling fan.
The X708 reserves the 40-pin header that can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards, or HAT for enhanced applications. The X708 can also be used with the X825 (2.5" HDD/SSD Shield) and X862 (MSATA/M.2 SSD shield) for safe data backup.
Note: The 18650 batteries should be connected in Parallel into the battery holder.
- Excellent UPS function such as Power Loss Detection (PLD), Automatic Safe Shutdown (ASD), Auto Power On (AON) etc., DC 5V Max. 8A output;
- Comes with a cooling fan, no extra cooling solution is needed.
- HAT (Hardware Attach on Top) size. Separate the battery from the expansion board, which can save a lot of space, which will bring more flexibility.
- Reserved two kind battery port (XH2.54 and PH2.0), supports 3.7V 18650 lithium battery and 3.7V lithium polymer battery, No capacity limit, only request 3.7V lithium battery. (Note: 18650 lithium battery is NOT INCLUDED in the package)
- Compatible with:
- Operating System
- Raspbian Stretch
- Safe shutdown function tested for Raspbian, other operating systems to be tested and advised
- Smart and powerful Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Provides continuous operations for up to 10~30 hours (depending on battery type and qty used)
- Max 5.1V 8000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding RPi setups
- Supports 2A/3A fast battery charging
- Integrated overcurrent protection and over-voltage protection
- Integrated Maxim's fuel-gauge systems (Reading battery voltage and percentage via i2c)
- Integrated 10-A fully-integrated synchronous boost converter
- Intelligent automatic charging and discharging
- Operate in both charge mode and boost mode to allow full system management and battery power mgt
- Integrated IN-to-SYS pass-through path to pass the input voltage to the system
- Advanced system power-path management avoids batteries frequent charging and discharging
- Advanced system power-path management allows 3A fast charging and powering Raspberry Pi at the same time
- On-board 4 green LEDs indicate battery charging and discharging levels of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%
- Batteries attach via PH2.0-2P or XH2.54-2P
- Intelligent and safe power management
- Equipped with a momentary button for easy power control
- Press the button to turn on
- Press the button and hold for 1~2seconds to reboot
- Press the button and hold for 3~7seconds to implement safe shutdown
- Press the button and hold for >8seconds to force shutdown
- Supports safe shutdown and full power off from software
- On-board blue LED shows the status of power on, reboot and shutdown
- AC power loss or power adapter failure detection (LED and GPIO indication)
- Optional to enable Auto power on when power applied or restored
- Automatic safe shut down when battery low (voltage <3.0V)
- Ultra-low standby power consumption to maximize battery life
- Integrated cooling fan that allows the heat from your Raspberry Pi to dissipate!
- Completely solve the overheating problem of your Raspberry Pi
- Efficient drop temp of Raspberry Pi CPU
- Powers the Raspberry Pi via the 40-pin header - no additional cabling required
- Standard Raspberry Pi extension interface, compatible with other expansion boards
- DC power jack (5.5*2.5mm) and Type-C socket convenient for power input
- On-board PH2.0 connector allows to connect an external power switch and DIY your perfect case
- On-board XH2.54 power output connector allows to power other devices
- Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanical stability of the Raspberry Pi and X708 assembly
- Power supply via type-C socket: 5Vdc ±5%, ≥3A
- Via DC power jack: 5Vdc ±5%, ≥4A
- UPS output: 5.1V ±5% Max 8A
- UPS charging current: 1.8~2.2A / 2.3~3.2A
- Terminal battery voltage: 4.24V
- Recharge threshold: 4.1V
- Battery: 3.7V lithium battery
- 18650 lithium battery is NOT INCLUDED in the package. Please note that the battery length SHOULD be less than 67mm, some batteries with protection plate in the market are NOT supported. We do carry these batteries that are compatible:
- DO NOT apply power to your Raspberry Pi via the Micro USB socket or Type-C socket.
- Must NOT use the battery with a built-in protection circuit.
- 1 x X708 Expansion Board
- 8 x M2.5 *5mm Screws
- 4 x M2.5 *12+6mm Spacers
- 4 x M2.5 *12mm Spacers
- 2 x Jumper link Pitch 2.54mm
- 1 x 18650 2-Cell Battery Holder with KM3x4mm screws
- 1 x U100-A1 Metal Bottom Plate with M3x18+6mm spacers and KM3x4mm screws
- X708 Raspberry Pi Wiki, Geekworm