We love the latest Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, we know you love it too :) This is a nice yet practical enclosure/case for Raspberry Pi 4B board with the option to match the 3.5-inch TFT Touch Screen or to add a cooling fan.
From the outlook, it is a normal case for Raspberry Pi 4B; but if you look carefully, it features a few uniqueness:
- Allow access to all peripheral ports including HDMI, USB micro B for power, Audio & Video composite jack, 4 x USB ports, Ethernet, and the MicroSD card slot
- Ventilation holes for air circulation
- Wall mount holes at base case
- Comes with rubber bumpers (adhesive) to be pasted under the bottom of the base case
- If you remove the top cover and combine it with 3.5 inches TFT display, it becomes a nice console with a touch screen display and Raspberry Pi is enclosed underneath it.
- It is possible to add a cooling fan for active cooling if you do not want to have the TFT display.
So if you want to build a nice mini-computer or controller panel, this will be the perfect enclosure for you.
Note: This is only the enclosure, please get these items separately if you need it:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- 3.5 inches TFT Touch Screen
- 3V-5V 0.2A Cooling Fan for RPi with Screws
- Raspberry PI 4 Heatsink Set (3pcs) Black
If you just want a case for your Raspberry Pi 4B board, there is plenty of space to add heatsink on the CPU, RAM and USB controller or Ethernet Hub, you can do it! You can even add a cooling fan under the top case for active cooling! Heatsink and cooling fan, your RPi will never get hot!
We have done the stress test (Stressberry) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB board. The test is carried out to compare the temperature performance of the Raspberry Pi 4 with this light-weight case, Fan ON and Fan Off. This is just one of the many methods you can use to benchmark the thermal performance of the enclosure or heatsink. The test consists of two parts which are cooling and continue with the stress test. The stress test loads the CPU to 100% and logs the temperature. We have also updated the EEPROM firmware of Raspberry Pi 4 Model B to 000137ad (date: 10 Sep 2019), the thermal performance improved significantly:
As you can see from the chart, the cooling fan plays an important role in keeping the Raspberry Pi cool :) So make sure the fan is there and working if you like this enclosure/case.
- Easy snap and fit assembly, no screws or nuts needed, even to install the cooling fan.
- It comes in 3 parts, base, middle, and top/cover.
- The top/cover can be removed to accommodate 3.5 inches TFT Touch Screen display
- Possible to attach cooling fan under top/cover for active cooling
- Gap between cover and body for better ventilation
- Black in color
- Build material: ABS
- Full access to all ports and interfaces of Raspberry Pi (if you use default cover)
- Designed to fit:
- Dimension: 90mm (L) x 34mm (H) x 61mm(W)
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 4B 3.5-inch Touch Screen Case with 3 parts
- 4 x Rubber bumpers
- 4 x Small screws to secure brushless fan (cover) or Raspberry Pi (base)
- 1 x Small adhesive sponge (rectangular) as a cushion for the 3.5 inches TFT, paste on the RJ45 (Ethernet) connector