MC-38 Magnetic Contact Switch Sensor can be used as a door or window security system. It produces the signal when moved away from each other which can be fed to the microcontroller (e.g Arduino) to perform the desired action as per requirement.
This sensor suitable to use for trigger alarm or ON/OFF light inside a cupboard sliding door. This wired sensor is trigger by the magnet. When the magnet is closed by, the circuit is closed or open if the magnet far from the sensor.
Note: This product is Normally Open (NO).
Picture shown below is in practical situation so that you understand how it works :)
Note: Circuit is connected when magnet is near to the switch.
This MC-38 Magnetic Contact Switch Sensor act like a normal switch so, you can connect to Ground(GND) pin too. Not necessarily connect to power supply. You can watch the video below on how.
- Appearence of small and easy to install
- Long period of use
- Control the switch of the circuit via the built-in magnet
- Can be used in places like apartment, hotel, office, etc
- Ideal for residential or commercial use
- Designed to do embedded in the door or window frame
- With double-sides tape design for easily install
Note: Please note that this item not fit to iron or aluminum alloy door. It will decline magnetic of the sensor.
- Material : Plastic
- Color: White
- Actuation distance: 15mm - 25mm
- Voltage : Normal system up to 24V. Not recommended to connect higher voltage or AC supply.
- Box size (each side): 29mm x 14mm x 9mm / 1.1" x 0.6" x 0.4"
- Cable Length: 305mm ± 12mm / 12" ± 0.5"
- Weight: 16g
- 1 x MC-38 Magnetic Contact Switch Sensor (pair)
- 4 x self taping screws