SIM800L is a cellular phone module, integrated SIM800L, a GSM/GPRS module, only compatible with 2G network. If you want to integrate a cellular module into your design with voice, text and SMS, this hand-solderable module is pretty nice!
This module is actually an add-on module for M5Stack controllers.
The default use of serial port 2, you can also manually jump to other IO port.
- GPIO16 - TXD
- GPIO17 - RXD
- GPIO5 - RST
Note: If you're interested to get other M5Stack modules in your hand for a lot more fun projects, you may get them here.
Features and specifications:
- 3.5 mm phone audio jack
- MIC (MIC is disable by default. To enable it, you will need to weld a 0-ohm resistor at MIC-EN)
- Supply voltage: 3.8V - 4.2V
- Recommended supply voltage: 4V
- Power consumption:
- sleep mode < 2.0mA
- idle mode < 7.0mA
- GSM transmission (avg): 350 mA
- GSM transmission (peek): 2000mA
- Module size: 25 x 23 mm
- Interface: UART (max. 2.8V) and AT commands
- SIM card socket: microSIM (bottom side)
- Supported frequencies: Quad Band (850 / 950 / 1800 /1900 MHz)
- Antenna connector: IPX
- Spring Antenna on board
- Status signaling: LED
- Working temperature range: -40 do + 85 ° C
- Net weight: 17g
- Gross weight: 27g
- Product size: 54.2*54.2*12.8mm
- Package size: 60*57*17mm
Note: M5Stack Fire has occupied GPIO16 / 17 to connect with the PSRAM by default, it's a conflict with TXD / RXD (GPIO16, GPIO17) of SIM800L module. Therefore, when using the SIM800L module with the M5Stack Fire, you might have to cut the TXD and RXD from SIM800L module and wire fly to another set of UART pin.
- 1x M5Stack SIM800L Module
- Product description, M5Stack docs
- M5Burner, needs to be installed before the EasyLoader is burned
- CP210X (USB driver), needs to be installed before the EasyLoader is burned
- CP210X driver installation tutorial
- EasyLoader download, M5Stack docs
- SIM800 AT command manual