Note: Stock from 20th Dec 2019 onwards are all directly from Ai-Thinker.
ESP32-CAM is an ESP32 Wireless IoT Vision Development Board in a very small form factor, designed to be used in various IoT projects, such as home smart devices, industrial wireless control, wireless monitoring, QR wireless identification and so on. It supports deep sleep mode with power consumption as low as 6mA at 5V which makes it ideal for portable IoT applications. It's suitable as a low-cost CCTV camera. Check out this project by Rui Santos:
ESP32-CAM module comes with two rows of male header pins soldered. Prototyping and testing can be carried out right away.
Hardware Connection for Programming
- Connect ESP32-CAM to USB to Serial Converter as shown in the diagram below.
- Pull IO0 (Input Output Zero) pin to logic LOW to upload the code.
- Configure Arduino IDE's settings as shown below.
- Press ESP32-CAM Reset button before uploading the code.
- Reset the board again to run your code after uploading it.
Minimal Functional Circuit
- Always power up the board with at least 5V 2A power supply to eliminate horizontal colored lines across the camera image. Please make sure that the 5V power source is able to maintain 5V output when the ESP32-CAM module is streaming.
- DO NOT pull IO0 (Input Output Zero) pin to logic HIGH or LOW during normal operation.
- The smallest 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi BT SoC Module
- Low power 32-bit CPU
- Up to 160MHz clock speed, up to 600 DMIPS
- Built-in 520KB SRAM and 4M PSRAM
- Supports UART/SPI/I2C/PWM/ADC/DAC
- Support OV2640 and OV7670 cameras,
- Built-in Flash lamp.
- Support micro SD card
- Supports multiple sleep modes
- 1x ESP32-CAM Wireless IoT Vision Development Board (camera module included)
- ESP32-CAM Video Streaming and Face Recognition with Arduino IDE by Rui Santos
- Troubleshooting Guide by Rui Santos
- ESP32-CAM schematic
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days