The Pi Cap adds precise capacitive touch, proximity sensing and high-quality audio to your Raspberry Pi.
Connect your Pi project to the physical world. Create sensors by connecting Electric Paint or anything conductive to one of the Pi Cap’s 12 electrodes to control audio, video or connect to the internet. Make a MIDI piano, an interactive wall, a proximity sensor — you decide. Our Raspbian package contains code examples for C++, Python and Node.js.
- Capacitive touch and distance sensing
- High-quality audio output
- Tutorials to help you get started
- User-programmable RGB LED
- Multi-function button
- Prototyping area with GPIO breakout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ and B+, Pi 2 Model B, Pi 3 Model B and B+, and Pi Zero and Zero W
- Powerful C++, Python and Node.js libraries and examples
- Setting up with Raspberry Pi, A+/B+, 2 and 3
- Setting up with Pi Zero
- How to change the volume on the Pi Cap
- How to use the LED on the Pi Cap
- How to make a power switch for the Raspberry Pi
- How to make a MIDI piano with the Pi Cap
- How to create a DJ mixer with the Pi Cap
Featured code examples include:
- Simple Touch – Get data from the Pi Cap showing which electrode has been touched or released
- Datastream-tty – Similar to simple-touch, datastream-tty continuously streams the electrode data
- Datastream-osc – Similar to datastream-tty, but streams OSC packets to a specified host over a network
- Polyphonic Touch MP3 – This example plays mp3 tracks in the tracks folder when electrodes are touched
- Text to Speech – Text files are synthesized (read out) by a computerized voice when you touch electrodes
- Button Utility – A single button press to prints Hello World! to the console, a double press reboots and a long press does a proper shutdown (avoiding corrupting your microSD card)
- LED colour spinner – Display code status, debug or start a tiny rave. Example code loops through a variety of colors – the source code shows you how to manipulate the LED color.
Precautions of use:
Precautions of use: Children under 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult whilst using this product. This product is intended for use in conjunction with a Raspberry Pi only. Do not use on conductive/metal surfaces as this may short-circuit the board and damage it. Bare Conductive takes no responsibility for external circuitry connected to this board.
Crocodile clips, copper tape, solder, and e‐textiles. Use with Electric Paint to design your own sensors