The Argon Mini Fan HAT is a simple Raspberry Pi HAT that cools the Pi. With both active and passive cooling mechanisms, this Mini Fan does a really good job at keeping your Raspberry Pi 4 Model B board cool. The mini fan comes with a heat sink attached to it.
With just simple scripts, you'll have full functionality for the HAT, allowing you to adjust the fan speed. Get ready to use this in most Raspberry Pi Case as it is low profile. This fan works well for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. The fan only utilize 12 of the 40 GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi, sparing the remaining pins for your other projects! :]
Installing Argon Mini Fan:
Note: Do not power your Raspberry Pi yet!
- Place silicon thermal pad (included in the pack) on the CPU of your Raspberry Pi.
- Make sure that the header of the Argon Mini Fan HAT is aligned with pins 1 to 12 of the Raspberry Pi.
- Check if the heat sink of the Mini Fan is in contact with the Raspberry Pi CPU, to ensure the heatsink functions effectively.
Note: Silicon Thermal Pad is a must for proper thermal conductivity. Please make sure you place it properly.
Set mode of the Argon Mini Fan:
- ON: Mini Fan will always turn ON when the Raspberry Pi is powered, no script installation is needed
- OFF: Turns OFF the Mini Fan
- PWM: Sets the Mini Fan into a pulse width Modulation controllable mode, will need to install script in the Operating System
Setting the PWM settings:
- In Raspberry Pi OS (a.k.a: Raspbian), open the Terminal App
- Go to the root directory and open
- Open and edit the "config.txt" file by typing:
sudo nano config.txt
- Add the line:
- Press Ctrl+X to save changes and exit
Note: This setting will start the Mini Fan at a CPU temperature of 55 degrees Celcius (temp=55000). You may set your own desired initiation temperature as you wish.
- Uses 12 of the 40 GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi
- Fully controllable with its switch
- Can turn on at any assigned Temperature when set to PWM Controllable
- Has a heatsink for additional cooling
- 1 x Argon Mini Cooling Fan for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- 1 x Thermal Pad
Argon40 Mini Fan and The Matching Enclosure? Tutorial by Cytron Technologies.