Note: This kit comes with the Arduino Grove Sensor Kit and Maker UNO. Arduino Sensor Kit needs an Arduino UNO board or Arduino compatible board to work.
If you're getting yourself Arduino Grove Sensor Kit alone without Maker UNO, you can get them here :]
Learning new things is always difficult, and it's the same for Arduino beginners. You need to learn hardware knowledge, programming code, need to know connection methods of various complex interfaces, and even need to master welding skills. Tons of things are needed before you actually start learning Arduino programming. Well, we feel your pain, so we carry the Arduino® Grove Sensor Kit from SeeedStudio, it is one of the simplest ways to get started with Arduino
The Arduino Sensor Kit is a great option for beginners with an Arduino UNO board, who wishes to work on their own D.I.Y projects or learn about different sensors and actuators, with minimal effort of both wiring and coding.
It's a game-changer in Arduino learning, no breadboard or other accessories, no soldering or wiring required, unlike most kits. No need to pay attention to hardware connection, teachers can focus on Arduino code teaching. Without complicated electronic background knowledge, students even can complete their first Arduino project within five minutes! It saves you from all the mess too! All those features make it a perfect Arduino Starter Kit for both classroom and online learning.
The Sensor Kit includes ten exciting modules that can be used individually or combined to make cool projects. All of the modules use a Grove connector, which connects components to a base shield in just a few seconds. The base shield, which is also included in the kit, can then be mounted on an Arduino UNO board.
Note: The modules are mounted to a PCB, and are connected to the base shield. You can leave them like this and no wiring is needed.
The Arduino Sensor Kit is an Arduino UNO shield kit based on the Grove Beginner Kit. It has the exact same module and almost the same usage as the Grove Beginner Kit. The official Arduino team provides a high-quality step-by-step tutorial for this kit. Just go to Sensor Kit (arduino.cc) and start your Arduino learning journey with Arduino Sensor Kit now.
The Base Shield:
The Base Shield is designed to fit on top of a Maker UNO board. It comes equipped with 16 grove connectors, which, when placed on top of the UNO, provide the functionality to various pins. It includes:
- 7 x digital connections
- 4 x analog connections
- 4 x I2C connections
- 1 x UART connection
Additionally, all pins on the UNO are still accessible with the use of jumper wires.
The 10 modules included can be connected to the base shield, either through the digital, analog or I2C connectors on the shield. Let's take a quick look at them:
- The LED - a simple LED that can be turned ON or OFF, or dimmed.
- The buzzer - a piezo speaker that is used to produce binary sounds.
- The OLED screen - a screen that can display values or messages.
- The button - pushbutton can either be in a HIGH or LOW state.
- The potentiometer - a variable resistor that increases or decreases resistance when turning its knob.
- The sound sensor - a tiny microphone that measures sound vibrations.
- The light sensor - a photoresistor that reads light intensity.
- The temperature and humidity sensor - reads temperature and humidity at the same time.
- The accelerometer - a sensor used for orientation and movement detection.
- The air pressure sensor - reads air pressure, using the I2C protocol.
Maker UNO is fully compatible with Arduino. You can share the same library and code. The board includes:
- 12 LEDs
- Piezo buzzer with slide switch
- Programmable button
- Reset button
- Micro USB B type connector
What is Grove?
Grove makes it easier to connect, experiment, and simplify the prototyping process. No jumpers or soldering are required. We have developed more than 300 Grove modules, covering a wide range of applications that can fulfill a variety of needs. Not only are these open hardware, but also have open-source software.
- Arduino Grove Sensor Kit
- Arduino UNO compatible board(Grove Base Shield) + 10 most commonly used Arduino modules
- All modules are pre-wired, no breadboard and jumper cables required
- Super friendly to beginner and STEAM education
- Compatible with over 300 Grove modules
- Power Supply: 3.3V/5V
- Dimensions: 175mm*115mm
- Net Weight: 77g
- Digital Grove Header: 7(D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D8)
- Analog Grove Header: 4(A0,A1,A2,A3)
- I2C Grove Header: 4
- UART Grove Header: 1
- 16 Grove connectors on the base shield
- Maker UNO
- SMD ATmega328P microcontroller (the same microcontroller on Arduino UNO) with Optiboot (UNO) Bootloader
- USB Programming, facilitated by the CH340
- Fully compatible with Arduino. Shares the same Arduino library and code
- Input voltage: USB 5V, from a computer, power bank, or standard USB adapter
- 500mA (maximum) 3.3V voltage regulator
- 0-5V outputs with 3.3V compatible inputs
- 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
- 6 Analog Inputs
- ISP 6-pin Header
- 32k Flash Memory
- 16MHz Clock Speed
- R3 Shield Compatible
- LED array for 5V, 3.3V, TX, RX, and all digital pins
- Onboard programmable push button (pin 2, need to configure as INPUT_PULLUP)
- Onboard piezo buzzer (pin 8)
- Utilize USB Micro-B socket
- Included in Kit:
- 1 x Arduino Grove Sensor Kit For Arduino Board
- 6 x Grove Cables
- 1 x Maker UNO board
- 1 x USB Micro B Cable
- Included onboard:
- 1 x Grove - LED
- 1 x Grove - Buzzer x 1
- 1 x Grove - OLED Display 0.96"
- 1 x Grove - Button
- 1 x Grove - Rotary Potentiometer
- 1 x Grove - Light
- 1 x Grove - Sound
- 1 x Grove - Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- 1 x Grove - Air Pressure Sensor
- 1 x Grove - 3-Axis Accelerator
- 1 x Grove Base Shield
- Arduino Grove Sensor Kit
- Maker UNO