This 7" TFT touch screen display with a resolution of 800 x 480 and capacitive touch is perfect for your Raspberry Pi boards. With a DSI interface, true color display, easy installation, and space-saving design, it is a perfect touch screen monitor for your DIY and on-the-go projects! What we like about this screen is the DSI cable provides the path for BOTH the POWER and DATA (graphic and touch sensor), no additional wiring is needed! And NO DRIVER installation is necessary! Super neat and easy to use.
There is also a backlight adjustable button, pressing it will increase the backlight illumination and loop back to the minimum once it is over the max brightness.
There are 4 mounting holes with 2.5mm thread dedicated for Raspberry Pi Board. Neat!
Please peel off the protective tape (transparent yellowish) if there is any, on the mounting holes before mounting the spacers or screws:
We recommend adding the 5mm PCB spacer before mounting the Raspberry Pi board to increase the space between the LCD. This will also help in handling the microSD card.
We also advise inserting the microSD card into the Raspberry Pi microSD card slot before installing the FFC cable. It will be easier.
Connecting the DSI cable also quite straightforward:
A pair of LCD stands and the mounting screws are included while stocks last. Making the whole setup even neater, perfect!
Don't have a keyboard with you? Don't worry. You can always use a virtual keyboard on your Raspberry Pi screen. Let us show you how.
- Go to Preference > Add / Remove Software
- Search for Matchbox in the search box.
- Select the on-screen keyboard and click OK.
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi. Then click on Accessories and select Keyboard.
- And there you have it!
Features and specifications:
- Resolution: 800 x 480, perfect for 7" display
- Comes with Raspberry Pi Mounting Holes and Screws
- Single DSI port for both power and data
- Ready with capacitive touch, very responsive
- Easy to install, doesn't need additional power
- Supports the Raspberry Pi DSI interface
- Work with Raspberry Pi OS out of the box, NO DRIVER installation is necessary
- Compatible with
- Resolution: 800x480
- Size: 7 inch
- Screen Type: TFT
- Interface: DSI
- Touch mode: Capacitive
- Working voltage: 3.3V (provided by Raspberry Pi's display interface, DSI)
- Display-off current: 100mA
- Dimension: 165mm x 102mm
- Mounting hole size: M2.5
- 1 x 7-inch 800x480 DSI Cap Touch Screen
- 1 x 5cm Ribbon cable (for DSI)
- 1 x 10cm Ribbon cable (for DSI)
- 4 x M2.5 Screw
- 4 x PCB spacer
- FREE *while stocks last*
- 2 x LCD Stand
- 2 x LCD Stand mounting screw