In order to meet the increasing need for Raspberry Pi compatible camera modules. We are carrying this revision C add-on camera module, which is fully compatible with the official Raspberry Pi board. It optimizes the optical performance than the previous Pi cameras, and gives users a much clearer and sharper image. Also, it provides the FREX and STROBE signals which can be used for multi-camera synchronize capture with proper camera driver firmware.
It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing with cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
The camera is connected to the BCM2835/BCM2836 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link that carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
Note: Raspberry pi board is NOT INCLUDED. If you happen to need one, you may check this page for various choices of the Raspberry Pi mainboard.
This camera module is compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
- Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3, you will need a smaller pitch to pitch CSI cable.
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless), you will need a smaller pitch to pitch CSI cable.
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Wireless and Header), you will need a smaller pitch to pitch CSI cable.
Here's a video from Kai Hendry showing the comparison between raspberry pi with and without fisheye lens:
Features and specification:
- An Improvement of Standard Pi Camera
- Works Flawlessly
- The camera can be installed on the Rasparian OS as a Raspberry Pi camera and the raspistill and raspivid terminal programs, does not have any conflicts with the Rasparian OS.
- Cellular phones, PDAs, Toys
- Other battery-powered products
- Interface Type: CSI
- Sensor: OV5647
- Camera lens: LS-40180 FishEye Lens
- Still picture resolution: 2592 x 1944
- Frame rate: 30fps@1080p
- Resolution: 5MP
- Lens holder: M12 x 0.5
- With integral IR filter
- The mechanical dimension of camera module:
- 1 x 5MP OV5647 Fisheye Camera Module for Raspberry Pi
- 1 x 15cm 15pin FPC cable