Note: From 21st Oct 2019 onwards, a micro HDMI to standard HDMI is added in the packing list for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B board. Making this 5 inch TFT Touch Screen compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB, 2GB, 4GB.
This 5" TFT touch screen display with resolution of 800 x 480 is perfect for your Raspberry Pi 2 or 3. The back of the LCD is designed to be stacked on your Raspberry Pi board nicely. It even comes with a socket for HDMI for perfect and nicely fit your Rpi right under the LCD.
The back PCB of display is cleverly designed so that the GPIOs can still be accessed even after you stacked the display on Raspberry Pi.
Note: The TFT display will draw quite some power from the 5V, default from Raspberry Pi (via 40-pin GPIO) if it is stacked on Raspberry Pi. So do use a high current adapter to power your Raspberry Pi. 2.5A or 3.0A adapter would be good enough. Or you can check out the USB-C 5V 3A power adapter (White or Black) for Raspberry Pi 4B.
- Resolution: 800 x 480 px
- Touch Screen Type: Resistive screen
- Touch Screen interface is through SPI pins from the 40-pin GPIO.
- Compatible with:
- With backlight control switch (slide switch at the back of LCD)
- Working Voltage/Current: DC 5V / 1A
- Power source: Default from Raspberry Pi GPIO, alternatively USB Micro B on the back of display. next to the HDMI socket.
- It's suitable for Raspberry Pi series (not Raspberry Pi Zero due to mini HDMI on zero)
- You can download the official firmware and drivers to use it.
- And you can use integrated firmware to use it (the firmware with driver, is very easy).
- Touch screen interface: SPI with Raspberry Pi via the 40-pin GPIO.
- Dimension: 120mm x 74mm x 7mm
- 1 x LCD module (with spacers and screws)
- 1 x standard to standard HDMI hook (U Shape adapter)
- 1 x micro HDMI to Standard HDMI hook (U Shape adapter) * Only comes from 21st Oct 2019 onwards
- 1 x Touch pen
- 4 x 10mm screw/nut spacer (2.0mm thread)
Check out the tutorial from Ming W: