Note: This filament is from SunLu. Please check the photo to confirm.
This is an example of 3D printed parts (Light Saber) from a user:
This is a special PLA filament with a Silk finishing (shining) of 1kg reel of 1.75mm PLA (Polylactic Acid) plastic filament for 3D printing. PLA is biodegradable and required lower printing temperature compared to the ABS plastic made it commonly used in prototyping, educational and architectural models. And with this silk finished Silver color PLA filament, your 3D printed parts will result in stunning pearlescent shine. Here is the comparison by a user:
The filament comes with a box and vacuum sealed so that it can last longer even though being kept for a long time.
Did you know that filament can absorb water vapor? It can affect the printing quality if the filament stored in a humid place. Humid conditions and UV light speed up the breakdown of the filament which weakens it and causes inconsistent or poor quality prints. For example, when water is absorbed by the filament and it is heated by the 3D printer for extrusion, the water combined with heat makes steam (you will hear a hissing sound as steam is created). This causes the filament to bubble as it comes out of the hot end and leaves you with an inconsistent surface on your print.
To counter this problem, the filament was vacuum sealed and a Silica gel(desiccant) is placed inside it so that it can absorb remaining water vapor. The main purpose is so that the filament will always in a dry state.
Note: Small tips from us, after opening the seal, make sure the filaments are stored in a confined dry place along with Silica gel (desiccant) (if you have many filaments). You can also reuse back the storage bag, preventing it from dust although it cannot be vacuum-sealed anymore.
- Compatible with any Desktop 3D printer that accepts open filament system, example Snapmaker or Ender-3
- Packaging: Vacuum-sealed with desiccant (Silica Gel)
- Good in layer adhesion, we recommend PVP glue for better first layer
- Low odor
- Unique pearl scent appearance, Silk alike look
- Looks smoother and shinier from reflection
- It's perfect for printing busts, vases or any model that needs to stand out
- Great choice for visual effect
- Resealable bag, the filament can be store back to keep it from dust
- Material: PLA Silk Finished
- Color: Silk finishing - Silver color
- Filament thickness: 1.75mm +/-0.05mm
- length: 330 meters
- Weight: 1kg (2.2 lbs) of filament + 0.3kg (spool)
- Print Speed: 30 - 60mm/s
- Printing temperature: 195°C to 210°C
- Bed temperature: 20°C to 50°C
- Packing Size: 209x209x73mm
- Certificate: ROHS
Note: The color might be slightly different due to lighting effects.
- 1 x 3D Printer 1.75mm PLA Silk Filament - Silver