Note: This microSD card comes Pre-loaded with Raspberry Pi OS and ready to boot up on any Raspberry Pi mainboard. Please DO NOT format it if you intend to use it with the Raspberry Pi board.
This is a 32GB, Class 10, U1, A1 grade MakerDisk microSD card.
We have also performed the writing and reading speed diagnosis and the results exceed the requirement needed for Class A1 and also the specifications by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. So we are confident to recommend this microSD for you :)
Many Raspberry Pi users have a common doubt: What type of microSD card is best for Raspberry Pi? Well, we have been asking the same question since day 1:) Now, let's trust the Raspberry Pi team which is the designer and producer of Raspberry Pi. They recommend Class A1 because of the characteristic of Raspberry Pi accessing the memory on the microSD card. The random read and write speed is critical. For details of Class A1, please refer to here.
"But more and more, memory cards are being used to extend the memory of devices that run apps. Devices like smartphones and mobile gaming consoles. The apps that run on these devices interact with memory space differently. Rather than a stream of sequential data, they want to write a lot of small chunks of data wherever there's space available. That's known as random read/write (compared to sequential read/write that's important for video)." which Raspberry Pi falls into, the operating system will need to read/write data from/to the microSD card in random access.
This MakerDisk microSD card comes straight from the factory and it is pre-loaded with Raspberry Pi OS, so it can boot up on all Raspberry Pi mainboards right out of the box. Please DO NOT format it. If you want to load other Operating Systems, we would recommend getting the Raspberry Pi Imager and choose the preferred Operating System.
This MicroSD card is compatible with: (Raspberry Pi OS)
- Raspberry Pi 400-US layout (Keyboard Computer)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB (Newly launched in May 2020)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB (Discontinued, but still compatible)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- A microSD card from Makers to Makers!
- Brand: MakerDisk
- Capacity/Size: 32GB
- 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes.
- Actual usable capacity may be less, depending on the format. From Raspberry Pi OS, it is ~ 28.2GB.
- Check the capacity calculation from Wiki.
- Pre-loaded with Raspberry Pi OS, it is ready to boot up on any Raspberry Pi board right out of the box!
- Class 10, A1, U1 microSD
- The test result is better than the A1 rate and Raspberry Pi Standards:
- Sequential Write: > 27MB/S (A1 Standard 10MB/S, Raspberry Pi Standard 12MB/S)
- Random IOPS - Write: > 800 IOPS (A1 standard 500 IOPS, Raspberry Pi Standard 500 IOPS)
- Random IOPS - Read: > 2700 IOPS (A1 standard 1500 IOPS, Raspberry Pi Standard 2000 IOPS)
In any case, you can always reload the image/Operating System into this microSD card using a USB microSD card Reader/Writer, we recommend using the official imager: Raspberry Pi Imager. Please check this video out on how to use the Advance features:
- 1 x 32GB MakerDisk Class 10 A1 MicroSD with Raspberry Pi OS