This is a laser module that enables the user to engrave wood, acrylic, paper, and many more substances. It can also cut wood and acrylic, depending on the wattage.
Note: An advantage of laser modules is that no firmware upgrade is necessary to run most of them.
Typically, they can just clip magnetically to the tool head(attached with magnets). They run from the fan port on the machine and are usually quick to assemble.
This laser module has four strong disc magnets. Therefore, it is suitable for 3D printers that have iron nozzle cover, which includes but not limited to :
However, this laser kit is only for engraving due to its 500-mW laser.
- Laser Engraving module kit for Ender-3 and Ender-3 PRO
- Blue Violet Laser Light
- Wavelength: 445 ± 5nm (blue)
- Power: 500 mW
- Voltage: 24 VDC
- Beam Shape: Rectangular (Focus adjustable)
- Lifetime: >8,000 hours
- Working Temperature: -10ºC to 50ºC
- Laser head weight: 100gram
- Heatsink material: Aluminum
- The built-in cooling fan on the top of the laser module
- Working current: ~1,100 mA
- Supported material: MDF, Balsa, Paper, Wood, Fabric, Plastic, Leather, Plywood, Foam Paper, Coated Aluminum
- A Laser is capable of damaging your eyesight, skin, and other people.
- The eye protection is needed when you work with the laser kit.
- The magnets on the laser head are very strong but brittle.
- Laser engraving/cutting can cause smoke, depending on the workpiece, it is necessary to place your machine in a well-ventilated environment.
Check out the installation guide from Creality:
- 1 x 24V Laser Head with Wire (Terminated with DC Barrel Jack)
- 1 x Safety Google
- 2 x Plywood