E-Ink (Electronic Ink) display has several benefits compared to other display technologies:
- High Visibility and Contrast
- Wide viewing angle
- and super low power consumption. It can retain the display for very long time after power is removed.
This is an E-Ink display HAT for Raspberry Pi, 2.7inch, 264x176 resolution, with embedded controller, communicating via SPI interface, supports red, black and white three-color display. Due to the advantages like ultra low power consumption, wide viewing angle, clear display without electricity, it is an ideal choice for applications such as shelf label, industrial instrument, and so on.
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W/Zero WH/3B/3B+
- On board 4 x push buttons/keys
- SPI interface, for connecting with other controller boards like Raspberry/Arduino/Nucleo, etc.
- Onboard voltage translator, compatible with 3.3V/5V MCUs
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- Stack perfectly on Rasperry Pi 3B/3B+ via the 40-pin GPIO header.
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Outline dimension: 85mm × 56mm
- Display size: 57.288mm × 38.192mm
- Dot pitch: 0.217 × 0.217
- Resolution: 264 × 176
- Display color: red, black, white
- Grey level: 2
- Full refresh time: 15s
- Refresh power: 26.4mW(typ.)
- Standby power: <0.017mW
- Viewing angle: >170°
- 1 x 2.7inch E-Ink display HAT (3 colors) board
- 1 x 8-way JST plug to pigtail jumper wire (female socket terminated)
- 4 x 15mm spacer (2.00 mm diameter) with screws and nuts
- Make a new larger font for SPI e-Paper
- 2.7 inch e-paper datasheet
- Libraries for Raspberry Pi
- Wiki page