ESP-WROOM-32 is a powerful, generic WiFi-BT-BLE MCU module that targets a wide variety of applications, ranging from low-power sensor networks to the most demanding tasks, such as voice encoding, music streaming and MP3 decoding. It is based on the famous ESP32 SoC from Espressif, which Nano32 is using :)
At the core of this module is the ESP32 chip, which is designed to be scalable and adaptive. There are 2 CPU cores that can be individually controlled or powered, and the clock frequency is adjustable from 80 MHz to 240 MHz. The user may also power off the CPU and make use of the low-power coprocessor to constantly monitor the peripherals for changes or crossing of thresholds. ESP32 integrates a rich set of peripherals, ranging from capacitive touch sensors, Hall sensors, low-noise sense amplifiers, SD card interface, Ethernet, high speed SDIO/SPI, UART, I2S and I2C.
The integration of Bluetooth (Classic), Bluetooth LE(Low Energy) and Wi-Fi ensures that a wide range of applications can be targeted, and that the module is future proof: using Wi-Fi allows a large physical range and direct connection to the internet through a Wi-Fi router, while using Bluetooth allows the user to conveniently connect to the phone or broadcast low energy beacons for its detection. The sleep current of the ESP32 chip is less than 5 µA, making it suitable for battery powered and wearable electronics applications. ESP-WROOM-32 supports data rates of up to 150Mbps, and 22 dBm output power at the PA to ensure the widest physical range. As such the chip does offer industry-leading specifications and the best performance for electronic integration, range, power consumption, and connectivity.
The operating system chosen for ESP32 is freeRTOS with LWIP; TLS 1.2 with hardware acceleration is built in as well. Secure (encrypted) over the air (OTA) upgrade is also supported, so that developers can continually upgrade their products even after their release. The software releases are covered under the ESP32 bug bounty program and any bugs can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. As the SDK of ESP-WROOM-32 or ESP32 is opensource, users can build their own platforms and operating systems.
This module come with the ESP32 SoC on it, a proper RF shield, PCB Antenna and pin out in SMD form.
- ESP32-WROOM-32 contains two low-power Xtensa® 32-bit LX6 microprocessors
- 448 KBytes ROM for booting and core functions
- 520 KBytes on-chip SRAM
- 8 KBytes SRAM in RTC SLOW
- 8 KBytes SRAM in RTC FAST
- 1 Kbit of EFUSE, 256 bits MAC
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n/d/e/i/k/r (802.11n up to 150 Mbps)
- Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- Wi-Fi mode Station/softAP/SoftAP+station/P2P
- Security WPA/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/WPS
- Encryption AES/RSA/ECC/SHA
- IPv4, IPv6, SSL, TCP/UDP/HTTP/FTP/MQTT
- Interfaces: SD-card, UART, SPI, SDIO, I2C, LED PWM, Motor PWM, I2S , IR, GPIO, capacitive touch sensor, ADC, DAC, Hall sensor, temperature sensor
- Operating temperature -40 + 85C
- Operating voltate: 2.2-3.6V
- Consumption: 80 mA typ
- Dimensions: 18 mm x 20 mm x 3 mm
We do offer:
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days
Total Reviews (0)