MCP9700 is a low power linear active thermistor IC (temperature sensor), perfect for battery powered devices such as IoT to measure temperature. And with the wide operating voltage, 2.3V to 5.5V, it can easily be integrated into Arduino or Raspberry Pi system. In fact, any system that can read analog voltage is able to interface with this temperature sensor.
With the output voltage of 10mV/ºC, it is perfect for 10-bit ADC with 5V reference, each bit represent ~0.5ºC. Not to forget, it can measure temperature from 0ºC to 70ºC with ±2ºC of accurancy, that is acceptable in many application. Most importantly, it is low cost, compared to LM35.
- 3 pin transistor alike package, through hole friendly, breadboard friendly, prototyping friendly.
- Linear temperature sensor, with ADC output
- ADC output: 10mV/ºC
- Wide operating voltage: 2.3V to 5.5VDC
- Wide measurement range: 0ºC to 70ºC with ±2ºC of accurancy
- Low power consumption: 6µA (typical)
- Alternative for LM35