This Grove-ultrasonic sensor is a non-contact distance measurement module which is compatible with the Grove system. It's designed for easy modular project usage with industrial performance. It can measure from 3cm to 350cm with the accuracy up to 2mm. It is a perfect ultrasonic module for distance measurement, proximity sensors, and ultrasonic detector.
Compared with traditional ultrasonic modules HC-SR04, this module integrates a single-chip microcomputer, and the transmitting signal and the receiving signal share one pin by time division multiplexing, so only one I/O pin is occupied. Another difference is that HC-SR04 only supports 5V voltage, while this module supports 5V and 3.3V. As we know, the Raspberry pi I/O only supports 3.3V. Therefore, this Grove - Ultrasonic Distance Sensor can be directly connected to the I/O of the Raspberry Pi, but HC-SR04 needs to use a voltage conversion circuit.
Note: HC-SR04 is not included in the packing list.
You can get the grove shield for Arduino in our store too.
If you want to use this ultrasonic module with Raspberry Pi, you can get grove HAT for Raspberry Pi here.
Note: Controllers are not included.
- 3.3V / 5V compatible, wide voltage level: 3.2V~5.2V
- Only 3 pins needed, save I/O resources
- Wide measurement range: 3cm ~ 350cm
- Easy to use: grove connector, plug and play
Arduino library ready
- Operating Voltage: 3.2~5.2V
- Operating Current: 8mA
- Ultrasonic Frequency: 40kHz
- Measuring Range: 3cm to 350cm
- Resolution: 1cm
- Measurement Angle: 15 degree
- Dimensions: 50mm x 25mm x 16mm
Please visit the wiki page
for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help us improve the documents, add more demo code or tutorials. For technical support, please post your questions to our forum
- 1 x Grove - Ultrasonic Ranger
- Grove 4 Pin Buckled 20cm Cable