Note: This is NOT A or AA or AAA type of battery, this is specifically 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery with rated voltage at 3.7V. DO NOT attempt to replace an A type battery with it.
This is high quality 18650 battery from Panasonic with the typical capacity of 3350mAh. It is Lithium Ion based and rechargeable battery (with proper charger) in cylindrical shape. 18650 battery has become very popular nowsaday, many power bank is using it as storage and power source. Even the famous Electrical Vechicle like Tesla is using 18650 from Panasonic particularly to build their battery pack.
And since the single cell voltage and capacity is high, rechargeable, it is a very economic solution in electronic or robotic projects. In some cases, this battery has been used for IoT devices powered by solar or other renewable energy. The battery becomes an energy storage devices. And of course it can be series up to get higher voltage, example connecting 2 units in series (2 x 18650 battery holder) to get 7.4V (norminal) or or 3 units (3 x 18650 battery holder) to get 11.1V using the 18650 battery holders. Or in some cases, it is being parallel up to increase the capacity and discharge current.
Please do charge it using proper charger with balancer. Li-ion battery should be charged and discharged properly to prevent short lifespan and downgrade of its capacity. We recommend using any of these charger:
- N2 Plus Universal Charger
- Dual 18650 Li-ion Battery Charger
- Multifunction LiPo Balance Battery Charger
- 1A Lipo Charger Module with Protection
- Power Boost 1000 Charger (1A 1000C)
Note: This is NCR18650B from Panasonic comes with both end (positive and negative) flat metal terminal and there is no protection circuit, so please take extra precaution.
You might need the proper 18650 socket/holder to use this battery:
- Single 18650 battery holder
- Two 18650 battery holder (in series)
- Three 18650 battery holder (in series)
Features and Specification:
- Norminal Voltage: 3.7V (fully charged at 4.2V)
- Minimum discharge voltage: we recommend cut off at 3.0V, lower is possible but it will shorten the lifespan and reduce the capacity.
- Typical Rated Capacity: 3250mAh (min), 3350mAh (max)
- From our test, we manage to get 3300 to 3358mAh from 10 pieces.
- Recommended Discharge rated: 1C, ~3A
- Recommended Charging Current: 0.5C, 1625mA
- 18650 size: 18mm diameter and 67.5mm length
- No protection circuit
- Flat terminal at both end
- Life cycle: > 500 times if under proper charge and discharge condition
- Price is for 1 unit of battery only
- 1 x NCR18650B 3400mAh Li-ion battery