This M5Stack RFID MFRC522 Unit is embedded with an RFID chip MFRC522 inside. It enables this Unit to read/write Mifare 13.56Mhz RFID tag or card.
The MFRC522 operates in the 13.56MHz frequency band and uses the modulation and demodulation principle to interact with the proximity RF card. This unit can realize the function of the card reading and writing device, to identify and record multiple card information, to encode and authority an RF card.
It is able to establish applications such as access control systems, punching systems, warehouse goods storage, and community vehicle access registration.
Connect this Unit to GROVE PORT on M5Core, IIC (I2C) address is 0x28.
- This unit is actually an add-on unit for M5Stack controllers. The controllers are NOT INCLUDED in the package. However, it is compatible with following controller:
- If you're interested to get other M5Stack modules and units in your hand for a lot more fun projects, you may get them here.
Features and specifications:
- Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
- I2C data rate:
- Fast mode: up to 400 Kbit/s
- High-speed mode: up to 3400 Kbit/s
- RC522 Transceiver Buffer: 64 bytes
- Supported protocol:
- Operate temperature: -20℃-85℃
- How long data be saved for: > 10 years
- Reading and writing distance: < 8 cm
- Program Platform:
- UIFlow(Blockly, Python)
- Smart home access control system
- Vehicle management
- Smart transportation
- Smart bookshelf
- Two Lego installation holes
- Net weight: 6g
- Gross weight: 21g
- Product Size: 48*24*8mm
- Package Size: 67*53*12mm
- 1x RFID unit
- 1x GROVE Cable