Is this not the cutest little display for the Raspberry Pi? It features a 2.8" display with 320x240 16-bit color pixels and a capacitive touch overlay. That's right, instead of a resistive touchscreen, which requires a fingernail or stylus, you can now use a fingerpad. The screen looks much nicer, with a black bezel and glass overlay. If you don't need a capacitive touchscreen, check out the resistive touch version.
This updated design fits perfectly onto the Pi 4, Pi Zero, Pi 3, Pi 2 or Model A+, B+! (Any Pi with a 2x20 connector) Not for use with an old Pi 1 with 2x13 connector.
The display and touchscreen uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0) as well as GPIO #25 and #24. All other GPIO are unused. Since we had a tiny bit of space, there's 4 spots for optional slim tactile switches wired to four GPIOs, that you can use if you want to make a basic user interface. For example, you can use one as a power on/off button.
It comes fully assembled and ready to plug into your Pi! No more soldering is required.
Adafruit has created a custom kernel package based of off Notro's awesome framebuffer work, so you can install it over your existing Raspberry Pi OS (a.k.a.:Raspbian) or derivative images in just a few commands. This tutorial shows you how to install the software, as well as calibrate the touchscreen, show videos, display images such as from your PiCam and more!
- 2.8" TFT touch screen display for Rasberry Pi model A+, B+ and also Pi 2
- Current consumption: ~100mA during full backlight
- 320 x 240 16-bit color pixels
- Capacitive touch overlay
- Uses hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CEO, CE1) and well as GPIO #25 and #24
- Fully assembled, plug and use on Rasberry Pi, still you need to install the kernel support for the 1st time
- It's designed to fit nicely onto the:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB (Discontinued, but compatible)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
- Raspberry Pi Zero (Will need to solder 2x20 header pin)
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (Will need to solder 2x20 header pin)
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH
- Refer to our tutorial for image and installation.
- 1 x PiTFT Plus 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen