RC servo motor is very popular in RC (Radio Control), and now it is widely used in robotics. Yet, as many of you may already know, standard RC Servo cannot rotate continuously, there is a limit of around 270º (or 180º). It is not suitable for a mobile robot that needs continuous rotation.
The problem is solved with this tiny micro:servo 360º continuous rotation digital servo. Instead of going to a specified angle, this servo will be static at a 1.5ms pulse (a trimmer is included to tweak this), a longer pulse gives forward rotation and a shorter pulse give backward rotation. This continuous rotation servo converts standard RC servo position pulses into continuous rotation speed. The default rest point is 1.5 ms, but this can be adjusted by using a small screwdriver to turn the middle-point adjustment potentiometer. Pulse widths above the rest point result in counterclockwise rotation, with speed increasing as the pulse width increases; pulse widths below the rest point result in clockwise rotation, with speed increasing as the pulse width decreases.
Furthermore, this is a digital servo that offers faster and more precise response time and speed (continuous rotation). Its operation is very different from that of a standard servo. Another great feature is it supports a wide operating voltage range, from 3V to 5.5V. Compatible with micro:bit, NodeMCU, ESP32, and the commonly used Arduino UNO.
This robotics servo is compatible with Cytron Servo controllers:
- 8 Channels Servo Controller Sheild (Arduino), suitable for Arduino UNO, Maker UNO
- Servo Driver HAT, 16 channels, 12-bit, suitable for Raspberry Pi
- Servo Driver for micro:bit, 16-Channel, 12-bit, I2C, suitable for micro:bit
- ELECFREAKS Motor:bit for Micro:bit, suitable for micro:bit
- Kittenbot ROBOTBIT V2.1, suitable for micro:bit
Since it provides continuous rotation you might want to consider the wheel bundle.
Features and Spec:
- Digital continuous rotation RC Servo
- Operating voltage: 3.0 to 5.5VDC
- Rotation: 360º Continuous Rotation
- Lead Length: ~200mm
- Rated Torque: 1.6kg/cm
- Materials: Plastic Gears and plastic enclosure
- Orange for RC Signal (Pulse width)
- Red for VCC (positive of power)
- Brown for GND (negative of power)
- Weight: 12g.
- Size: 23.2mm x 12.5mm x 22mm.
- 1 x EF90D Digital continuous RC Servo Motor
- 1 x Pack of different shape of horns, screws, washers
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days