RC servo motor is very popular in RC (Radio Control), and now it is widely used in robotics. Yet, as many of you may already know, standard RC Servo cannot rotate continuously, there is a limit of around 270º (or 180º). It is not suitable for mobile robot that need continuous rotation.
The problem is solved with FS5103R. It is a standard-sized servo from FEETECH (formerly known as Fitec) specifically for continuous rotation. At 6 V, it has a maximum rotation speed of 95 RPM (no-load) and can produce up to 83 oz-in (6 kg-cm) of torque. It features two ball bearings on the output shaft for reduced friction, and it offers easy access to the rest-point adjustment potentiometer. The servo can be controlled using a direct connection to a single microcontroller I/O line without any additional electronics, which makes it a great actuator for beginner robotics projects.
The FS5103R continuous rotation servo converts standard RC servo position pulses into continuous rotation speed. The default rest point is 1.5 ms, but this can be adjusted by using a small screwdriver to turn the middle-point positioner. Pulse widths above the rest point(e.g.: > 1.5ms) result in counterclockwise rotation, with speed increasing as the pulse width increases; pulse widths below the rest point(e.g.: < 1.5ms) result in clockwise rotation, with speed increasing as the pulse width decreases.
This robotics servo is compatible with Cytron Servo controllers:
- 8 Channels Servo Controller Sheild (Arduino)
- 16 Channels Servo Controller
- 8 Channels Servo Controller
- Servo Driver HAT, 16 channels, 12-bit
Not to forget it has a Futaba-compatible output shaft, which means it works with plenty of accessories and wheel.
Features and Spec:
- Analog continuous rotation RC Servo
- Operating voltage: 4.8V to 6.0V
- Average speed: 0.18s/60º, 333 rpm
- Peak stall torque @ 6V: 3.2 kg-cm
- Peak stall torque @ 4.8V: 3 kg-cm
- Lead length:12 in
- Case type: Nylon & Fiberglass
- Gear type: Plastic Gear
- Orange for RC Signal
- Red for VCC (positive of power)
- Brown for GND (negative of power)
- Weight: 40 g
- Dimensions:40.8 × 20.1 × 38 mm
- 1 x FS5103R Analog continuous RC Servo Motor
- 1 x Pack of different shape of horns, screws, washers
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days