Sipeed MAIX module is designed to run AI at the edge, delivering high performance in a small footprint. The competitive price makes it possible to embed the module into any IoT devices. Unlike Google Edge TPU, Sipeed MAIX acts as the master controller, not an accelerator like the Edge TPU. So it is able to achieve a lower power and lower cost solution if compared to AP+Edge TPU system.
- MAIX is not only hardware. It also provide an end-to-end, hardware + software infrastructure for facilitating the deployment of customers' AI-based solutions.
- Thanks to its performance, small footprint, low power and low cost, MAIX enables for broader deployment of high-quality AI at the edge.
- MAIX has a growing number of industrial use cases such as predictive maintenance, anomaly detection, machine vision, robotics, voice recognition, and many more. It can be used in manufacturing, on-premise, healthcare, retail, smart spaces, transportation, etc.
- With a powerful Kendryte K210 dual-core RISC-V processor, MAIX offers many excited features:
- It's the 1st competitive RISC-V chip with AI capability, newly release in Sep. 2018
- 28nm process, dual-core RISC-V 64bit IMAFDC, on-chip huge 8MB high-speed SRAM (not for XMR :D), 400MHz frequency (able to 800MHz)
- KPU (Neural Network Processor) inside, 64 KPU which is 576bit width, support convolution kernels, any form of activation function. It offers 0.25TOPS@0.3W,400MHz, when overclock to 800MHz, it offers 0.5TOPS. It means you can do object recognition 60fps@VGA
- APU (Audio Processor) inside, support 8mics, up to 192KHz sample rate, hardcore FFT unit inside, easy to make a Mic Array (MAIX offer it too)
- Flexible FPIOA (Field Programmable IO Array), you can map 255 functions to all 48 GPIOs on the chip
- DVP camera and MCU LCD interface, you can connect an DVP camera, run your algorithm, and display on LCD
- Many other accelerators and peripherals: AES Accelerator, SHA256 Accelerator, FFT Accelerator (not APU's one), OTP, UART, WDT, IIC, SPI, I2S, TIMER, RTC, PWM, etc.
Sipeed MAIX-I module, or called M1, integrate K210, 3-channel DC-DC power, 8MB/16MB/128MB Flash into Square Inch Module. All usable IOs are broken out as 1.27mm(50mil) pins, and the pin's voltage is selectable between 3.3V and 1.8V.
* Note: This product uses M1w module which has WIFI chip ESP8285 embed on board.
Face detection demo
MAIX supports original standalone SDK, FreeRTOS SDK base on C/C++. The team has also ported micropython on it. It support FPIOA, GPIO, TIMER, PWM, Flash, OV2640, LCD, etc. And it have zmodem, vi, SPIFFS on it, you can edit python directly or sz/rz file to board.
MAIX's Deep Learning
MAIX support fixed-point model that the mainstream training framework trains, according to specific restriction rules, and have model compiler to compile models to its own model format. It supports Tiny YOLO, MobileNetV1 and TensorFlow Lite! Many TensorFlow Lite models can be compiled and run on MAIX!
- 1 x M1w Dock
- 1 x OV2640 Camera
- 1 x 2.4 inch LCD
- 1 x Flexible Sticker-type Antenna with uFL Connector
- 1 x USB Micro to Type-C Adapter
- 2 x Straight Pin Header (Male) 2x20 Ways
Credit: MaixPy Dock Unboxing, Setup and Examples by Tiziano Fiorenzani
For Peninsular Malaysia orders above RM100
You will receive your purchase within 1-3 working days